How We Work
At the Redwood Center for Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Research, we provide cognitive behavior therapy that is individualized, evidence-based, and compassionate. We do this by attending to the following principles in our work:
- See each patient as unique and aim to wholly understand each patient - his/her symptoms, context, needs, values, goals, and cultural background.
- Commit to an active partnership with our patients to identify their needs, direct their care, and ensure a successful therapy experience.
- Monitor patient progress and actively ask for feedback to improve the therapy
- Work with each patient to develop a shared understanding of how the problems that are bringing them in might be inter-connected with each other and identify beliefs or patterns of behavior that may be driving many of the different problems.
- Stay aware of and conduct our own the research to learn about effective strategies for improving therapy outcomes